Get in touch with Europe's more recent history of the fall of the Berlin Wall when you stroll through the Brandenburg Gate, marvel at the impressive baroque Zwinger palace in Dresden, enjoy a Budvar Beer in Prague and ride the famous Ferris wheel in the Vienna Prater amusement park. Fall in love with the sights of Hungary from its beautiful capital Budapest to Lake Balaton, enjoy impressive alpine scenery from Austria and relax on sightseeing cruises on Lake Constance and the canals of Strasbourg, France.
We meet you at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany and you get a transfer to your comfortable hotel. In the afternoon you meet your fellow caravanners at our first briefing. Then we have our delicious welcome dinnner.
After a breakfast buffet, we pick up the rental motorhomes and stock up with groceries at a supermarket before we head east. At the former border line to East Germany (DDR), we have a guided tour of Point Alpha. This is the only remaining former border observation point of the US Forces in Hesse with original buildings and equipment.
After a short drive to Eisenach we have a guided tour of the impressive Wartburg fortress where Martin Luther hid and translated the New Testament. In the afternoon a local guide shows us the old town of Weimar, home town of Johann Sebastian Bach, Schiller and Goethe, and the place where the Weimar Republic was formed.
This morning we have a guided tour of the National Buchenwald Memorial before we head to Potsdam, close to Berlin.
On our guided tour of Potsdam we visit the charming old town and also the Glienicker Bridge where spies were exchanged during the Cold War. After lunch we tour the imposing palaces and parks of Sanssouci.
We leave our motorhomes at our campground in Potsdam and have an all-day bus tour of Berlin. You get to stand over the exact location of Hitler’s bunker, walk underneath the Brandenburg Gate, visit the government quarter with the Reichstag Parliament, pass through Checkpoint Charlie, touch the remains of the Berlin Wall and much more. We also host lunch in a restaurant.
After an easy drive we visit a workshop demonstration and the fascinating porcelain museum of the Meissen porcelain factory. After that we visit the perfectly preserved old town of Meissen.
On our guided tour of Dresden you see the impressive buildings such as the opera house, the Frauenkirche (church) and the baroque Zwinger (palace). In the afternoon you have time to explore on your own.
Days 9 & 10
After a short drive and an easy border crossing to the Czech Republic we arrive in Prague. On our sightseeing tour we see all the highlights such as Charles Bridge, Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral. Then we walk through the Ghetto and to the old town square with its marvelous astronomical clock. In the evening we enjoy a delicious dinner in a restaurant. The next day is free to explore more of Prague on your own.
Along our route through the pretty countryside of Bohemia we visit the magnificent 13th century castle of Hluboká nad Vltavou. From there it is just a short drive to Budweis, capital of South Bohemia. The city is famous as the original home of Budvar (Budweiser) beer. We have a tour of the brewery and a beer tasting.
This morning we leave the Czech Republic and drive into Austria. Our campground and the little town of Krems are located on the Danube river and surrounded by vineyards. On our river cruise we will enjoy the romantic scenery of the beautiful Wachau valley, followed by a wine tasting and dinner.
Days 13 & 14
A short drive brings us to Vienna. On our sightseeing tour we see the outstanding buildings of the Parliament, the City Hall, the Theater, St. Charles and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Sissi lovers will enjoy our tour of the Hofburg (Imperial Palace). The fans of the film “The Third Man” will love the ride on the Ferris wheel in the Prater amusement park. The next day is free to discover more of charming Vienna or to visit Schönbrunn Castle.
Days 15 & 16
This morning we arrive in Budapest (Hungary), the ‘Queen of the Danube’. On our sightseeing tour we enjoy a view of the lovely Danube bend from Citadel Hill. Then we tour medieval Castle Hill and the impressive Matthias Church. From Fishermen’s Bastion we have more fantastic views of the Danube, the Chain Bridge and the Parliament building on the Pest side of Budapest. In the evening we enjoy dinner in a restaurant followed by a colorful folklore show. The next day is a free day to explore Budapest on your own.
After an easy drive we arrive at Hungary’s favorite holiday destination and Europe’s largest freshwater lake, Lake Balaton. The afternoon can be spent relaxing on the beach.
Today we leave Hungary and return to Austria. In the afternoon we visit charming Graz where we take the funicular up the Schlossberg (castle hill) which rises over the medieval town center. After that there is enough time to stroll through the cobblestone lanes or enjoy a drink in one of the many sidewalk cafes.
At noon we arrive at our campground in the picturesque little village of Hallstatt, located on the lake of the same name. A funicular ride brings us up to the view point high above Hallstatt. After enjoying the spectacular view we have a tour of the interesting underground world of the oldest salt mine in the world.
After a scenic drive through Alpine mountains we arrive in Innsbruck. In the afternoon we see the historic old town and the building with the Golden Roof. Then there is enough time to relax in one of the side walk cafés or to ride a funicular up the mountains.
Today we drive to Bregenz in Austria. Our campground is located on Lake Constance.
This morning we visit the neat little town of Lindau which is beautifully located on a small island at the edge of Lake Constance. It boasts fantastic views over the lake toward Switzerland and the Austrian Alps. In the little harbor with old lighthouses we take one of the cruise boats for a lovely sightseeing cruise on Lake Constance.
After a short drive along the lake we visit Friedrichshafen where we take a guided tour of the fascinating Zeppelin Museum, which includes a reconstruction of a section of the doomed Hindenburg airship. Later we visit the scenic old town of Meersburg where we have lunch in a restaurant. There is also time for a relaxed stroll through the pretty old town.
Scenic drive through the hills and forests of the Black Forest. Enroute we will visit the Black Forest open air museum and have a guided tour of the old farmhouses and workshops. In the afternoon we will in arrive in Strasbourg in Alsace, France.
Strasbourg is the capital of the Alsace region of France. We will see its impressive cathedral and tour the beautiful historical center by a mini tram and. Later we cruise the canals on a sightseeing boat.
Days 26 & 27
We drive to Bad Dürkheim, located in the lovely wine region of the Pfalz in Germany. We have dinner in a restaurant. The next day is at leisure, to pack suitcases, to relax in the comfortable campground or to visit the interesting old town of Bad Dürkheim.
Days 28 & 29
This morning we return the rentals and check into our comfortable hotel. The afternoon is free to relax before we meet for our farewell dinner. The next morning after a breakfast buffet you get a shuttle to the airport.
- New or almost new 20-22 ft. (Upgrades up to 24 ft) class B+/C diesel motorhomes with stick shifts
- Fully equipped with bedding, camping chairs, dishes etc.
- Vehicle insurance with €1,500 deductible
- Unlimited mileage
- Full propane tank
- Airport to hotel on arrival day
- Hotel to rental company
- Transfers to all activities included in our itineraries
- Rental company to hotel
- Hotel to airport on departure day
- Welcome dinner
- 2 breakfast buffets (Tour 4 - Greece: 3 breakfast buffets)
- Various other meals in fine restaurants as described in the itinerary
- Choice of one beverage (soft drink, beer or wine) with included meals
- Farewell dinner
- Fees for the best available campgrounds
- Including electrical hook-up
- Tour 2 - Scandinavia: Comfortable ferries, toll for the long suspension bridges
- Tour 3 - UK & Ireland: Comfortable ferries to and from France to England and to and from Ireland
- Tour 4 - Greece: Cruise the Adriatic Sea to and from Greece on comfortable ferris (overnight including inside cabin) and to and from Mykonos Island
- 2 nights first class hotel (Tour 4 - Greece: 3 nights)
- We are there for you at all times en route, during sightseeing and on the campgrounds
- Every afternoon we meet for a briefing at which we provide you with detailed information on the next day
- All street tolls that we can pay in advance via vignette, online RV registration or transponders are included
- Cash tolls are not included (approx. €50-150 on some tours, mostly in Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Balkans)
- Selected sightseeing tours as listed in the itineraries
- Our sightseeing tours always include an experienced local guide
- Entrance fees to the sights
- Personal receiver and head-set to use on guided tour
- For big cities like Paris, Barcelona, Athens, Stockholm or London we have our own charter bus which picks us up at the campground
- Detailed trip-logs with itinerary and driving directions, personally prepared (except Tour 7 & 8 which are fully GPS guided)
- Road maps
- Pre-programmed GPS for use during the tour