Denmark is known for its moated castles and Viking relics, Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’ Castle Kronborg, wonderful Copenhagen with its cobblestone streets, and its tidy villages. In Sweden we travel through dense forests, see glassblowers at work, and tour the amazing capital Stockholm. Then you will experience the fascinating landscapes of Norway with its fjords, mountains and waterfalls. Marvel at the wooden churches and discover lively cities such as Lillehammer, magnificent Bergen, Oslo and much more.
We meet you at the airport in Hamburg (Germany) and you get a transfer to your comfortable hotel. In the evening we will have our briefing and then a tasty welcome dinner.
We enjoy breakfast before we get our fully equipped motorhomes. After an orientation and a stop for groceries we have an easy drive to Schleswig (Germany).
Today we arrive on the fairytale island of Funen (Denmark) and have a sightseeing tour in Odense, birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen.
We visit Castle Egeskov with its impressive moat and fascinating vintage motorcycle & car museum. Then we cross a long suspension bridge over the Great Belt and arrive in the afternoon in Denmark‘s oldest town, Roskilde.
This morning we visit the cathedral with the tombs of 38 kings and queens and stroll through the old town of Roskilde before we have lunch in a restaurant by the harbour. The Viking open-air museum and a cruise on the fjord in a Viking ship replica (weather permitting) are the next highlights.
Today we arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark’s fun-loving capital. Our charter bus and a local guide pick us up at the campground for our sightseeing tour. See the Little Mermaid, the Changing of the Guards and the colorful houses of Nyhaven. After the tour you may want to enjoy the bright lights and animation of Tivoli Gardens amusement park.
A free day to explore Copenhagen on your own, to visit one of the museums or to enjoy a cruise on one of the canal boats.
In the morning we drive across the 5 miles long Oeresund bridge to Sweden to our beautifully located campground close to the castle of Kalmar.
A local guide shows us Kalmar castle before we travel through rural Smaland. There we visit Kosta Boda, one of Sweden’s oldest glassworks. We continue to the Emigrant Museum and Institute in Vaxjo. In the evening we host dinner in the RV park’s restaurant.
Our scenic drive leads us through beautiful countryside. At noon we stop in the historic town of Gamla Linköping for a guided tour.
Today we arrive in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. Our charter bus and a local guide show us the historical treasures of the beautiful city. See the famous city hall, the palace, and stroll through the cobblestone alleys of the old town, Gamla Stan.
This morning we visit the Vasa ship museum. The Vasa, a warship, sank in 1628 in the harbor of Stockholm and was salvaged in 1961. After this extraordinary sight there is enough time for you to explore more of Stockholm on your own.
Today we will visit the magnificent famous castle of King Gustav Vasa, ‘Gripsholm’. Then we continue to Rättvik on Lake Siljan. In the evening we host dinner in the rustic campground restaurant.
In the little village Nusnäs we visit the workshops where the unique wooden Dalarna Horses are carved and painted. Then it is on to Norway! In the afternoon we arrive in Lillehammer.
We visit the outstanding collection of ancient farm houses and workshops in the Maihaugen Open Air Museum. Then we drive to the ski jump before we leave Lillehammer and travel to our campground close to Gol.
Today we see a wide variety of Norway’s beautiful scenery while we drive along the ‘Fairy-Tale-Road’, across the Hardangervidda Plateau Nature Reserve to the spectacular Voringfossen waterfall. We also take a tour of the Hardangervidda Visitors Center and Museum.
We enjoy more scenic delights as we cross the Eidfjord on our way to Voss, where you can spend the afternoon at your leisure.
Today we take the famous day excursion ‘Norway In A Nutshell’ which includes a spectacular train ride with breathtaking mountain views and a cruise on the beautiful Naeroyfjord. We host lunch in the little settlement of Flam.
Days 19 & 20
Our campground is located close to Bergen, Norway’s most beautiful city. We ride a public bus to downtown Bergen, explore the narrow lanes of Bryggen, the ancient part of Bergen, see the colorful fish market and ride the funicular up to the view point on Mount Flöyen. The next day is free to relax or explore more on your own.
Today we travel along the lovely Sorfjord and see the fantastic double-waterfall Latefossen. In the afternoon we arrive in the little town of Roldal.
On our way to Oslo, Norway’s capital, we visit the famous wooden church in Heddal.
Today we have a sightseeing tour of lively Oslo. We visit the City Hall, Frogner Park with Vigeland‘s extraordinary sculptures, the ski jump and the museum island. After a hosted lunch you are free to explore more of Oslo on your own.
In the moring we walk the cobblestone streets of the old town Frederikstad. On our way back to Sweden we visit the amazing rock carvings of Tanum before we arrive in Asa.
After an easy drive, a short ferry ride brings us to Helsingör in Denmark, where we visit the impressive ‘Hamlet’ castle, Kronborg.
We cross the island of Seeland and another ferry ride brings us back to Germany where we enjoy a hearty dinner.
A visit to Lübeck shows us the many sights of this old city before we have a break for coffee and cake in the famous café Niederegger.
Days 28 & 29
After returning our motorhomes we transfer to our hotel in downtown Hamburg, where we spend the afternoon on a sightseeing tour and a harbor cruise. In the evening we come together for our a la carte farewell dinner. The next morning after breakfast a shuttle will take you to the airport.
- New or almost new 20 ft. class B+/C diesel motorhomes with stick shifts
- Fully equipped with bedding, camping chairs, dishes etc.
- Vehicle insurance with €1,200 deductible (Tour 2 - Scandinavia: €1,500)
- Unlimited mileage
- Full propane tank
- Airport to hotel on arrival day
- Hotel to rental company
- Transfers to all activities included in our itineraries
- Rental company to hotel
- Hotel to airport on departure day
- Welcome dinner
- 2 breakfast buffets (Tour 4 - Greece: 3 breakfast buffets)
- Various other meals in fine restaurants as described in the itinerary
- Choice of one beverage (soft drink, beer or wine) with included meals
- Farewell dinner
- Fees for the best available campgrounds
- Including electrical hook-up
- Tour 2 - Scandinavia: Comfortable ferries, toll for the long suspension bridges
- Tour 3 - UK & Ireland: Comfortable ferries to and from France to England and to and from Ireland
- Tour 4 - Greece: Cruise the Adriatic Sea to and from Greece on comfortable ferris (overnight including inside cabin) and to and from Mykonos Island
- 2 nights first class hotel (Tour 4 - Greece: 3 nights)
- We are there for you at all times en route, during sightseeing and on the campgrounds
- Every afternoon we meet for a briefing at which we provide you with detailed information on the next day
- All street tolls that we can pay in advance via vignette, online RV registration or transponders are included
- Cash tolls are not included (approx. €50-150 on some tours, mostly in Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Balkans)
- Selected sightseeing tours as listed in the itineraries
- Our sightseeing tours always include an experienced local guide
- Entrance fees to the sights
- Personal receiver and head-set to use on guided tour
- For big cities like Paris, Barcelona, Athens, Stockholm or London we have our own charter bus which picks us up at the campground
- Detailed trip-logs with itinerary and driving directions, personally prepared (except Tour 7 & 8 which are fully GPS guided)
- Road maps
- Pre-programmed GPS for use during the tour