Travel with us on our guided motorhome tour through wonderful Alpine scenery from Germany to Austria. Experience Salzburg and its lovely surroundings before our caravan continues through Austria to Venice. In Italy we board a comfortable ferry and cruise on the Adriatic Sea to Greece. You will be delighted by the ancient sites such as the Acropolis in Athens, the sanctuary of the god Apollo in Delphi, Homer's Mycenae and many more. Enjoy our cruise to beautiful Mykonos Island with its white washed houses and sun kissed beaches. You will love the sights and the friendly people of colorful Greece!
We meet you at the airport in Frankfurt, Germany and you get a transfer to your comfortable hotel. We host a delicious welcome dinner and have a tour briefing in the evening.
After a breakfast buffet we get our fully equipped motorhomes. We have an orientation and grocery stop before we drive to our campsite in Bavaria.
Today we drive through the hills of the beautiful Bavarian countryside to the Markus Wasmeier Freilichtmuseum Schliersee. In this open air museum a local guide shows us the historic Bavarian farm buildings and beautiful gardens and tells us about life in former times. Then we have a short drive to our campsite in Bavaria.
We drive to Lake Chiemsee where we take a boat to King Ludwig’s famous Herrenchiemsee Castle, which is located on a small island. We can enjoy the park and fountains and after our tour of the castle we have an easy and scenic drive to Salzburg, Austria.
This morning we join the famous 'Sound of Music' tour of Salzburg and its beautiful surroundings to the places where the movie was made. After a delicious lunch we return to town where we take the funicular up to enjoy the view from the fortress Hohensalzburg. After that you are on your own to explore the charming town of Salzburg, Mozart’s birthplace.
In the morning we have a scenic drive to Obersalzberg. We visit the wartime tunnels before we go on a spectacular bus ride up to the Kehlsteinhaus, also known as Hitler’s Eagles Nest. The view from there is breathtaking. In the afternoon we continue our way through the alpine mountains to Villach where we spend the night.
Today we drive through the lofty Dolomite Mountains on our way to magical Venice. There we will enjoy the beautiful sights of this unique city on a Gondola tour of the canals.
This day is free to explore more of Venice on your own. You can visit the Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark´s Square, the traditional Venetian glass blowers at work in Murano, or just to enjoy a drink in one of the cafes along the picturesque canals.
Today we visit Bologna, well known for its medieval old town and great food, where we have a guided tour of Bologna’s well preserved center, stroll through the colonnades and see its ‘Leaning Towers’, great squares and churches.
Days 10 & 11
We have an easy drive to a little sea resort close to Ancona. Our RV park is located on the beach of the Adriatic Sea. The next day we board the comfortable ferry which brings us to Greece. We have dinner in the excellent restaurant on board.
After arrival in Greece we have a scenic drive to the little settlement Kastraki. From our campground we enjoy the view of the natural stone pillars of the Meteora Mountains. We have dinner in the family owned campground restaurant.
This morning our charter bus and a local guide pick us up at the campground for a tour of the unique Meteora Monasteries. You will never forget the unreal landscape and the breathtaking view of and from the 24 rock top monasteries. In the afternoon we have a beautiful drive to Delphi.
Today we hear about the Oracle of Delphi and enjoy a fascinating tour of the ancient sanctuary of the god Apollo. The location on the slopes of Mount Parnassus makes it one of the greatest ancient Greek sites.
Today we enjoy a beautiful drive along the Gulf of Corinth. We cross the Gulf over a big suspension bridge and arrive in the afternoon at our campground, where you can relax on the beach.
Our local guide shows us fascinating Ancient Corinth. Later, on our route to Athens, we stop to admire the amazing Corinth Canal.
This morning our charter bus and a guide pick us up for our tour of Athens. We see the Acropolis and the classical sights before we host lunch at a restaurant in the colorful old quarter of Athens. After some free time our bus brings us back to the campground.
Days 18 & 19
When you are in Greece you should not miss seeing the islands! Therefore we leave our motorhomes at our campground in Athens and have a 5-hour cruise to Mykonos. Don’t forget your camera when we walk through Mykonos Town with its characteristic windmills amid dazzling white houses. We host dinner in a typical tavern. After a night in our first class hotel and a delicious breakfast there is enough time to just relax or stroll once more through the picturesque alleys of Mykonos Town before we take the ferry for our return cruise to the mainland.
En route to our campground in Drepano, which is located at a beautiful beach, we visit the 2,300 year old theater with its unique acoustics in Epidaurus.
In the morning our charter bus and our guide give us a tour of Homer’s Mycenae. Then we tour the wonderfully preserved old town of Nauplia where we host a typical Greek lunch. After lunch our bus brings us up to the Palamidi Fortress where we enjoy a guided tour and fantastic views of the city and the harbor. After some free time in town, our bus brings us back to the campground.
Our scenic route passes through some little towns set high in the lovely mountain countryside of Arcadia. At noon we arrive in Olympia where the Olympic Games were founded in the year 776 B.C. We see the Hera Altar where the Olympic flame comes from and have a tour of the ancient sports complex.
Days 23 & 24
In Patras we enter our comfortable ferry and enjoy the cruise on the Adriatic Sea. For dinner we meet in the excellent restaurant on board. The next day we arrive in Ancona, Italy. Then we have a pleasant drive to our campground on the Adriatic coast.
A short drive brings us to Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet. On our sightseeing tour you see their famous balcony. We enjoy lunch in a restaurant close to the ancient arena before we drive to our campground at Lake Garda.
On our way along Lake Garda we stop several times to visit picturesque old villages with cobbled lanes, squares and tiny harbors. In the afternoon we arrive at our campground in Tirol. We have an excellent dinner in the family owned campground restaurant.
Today we cross the Alps and enjoy spectacular views while we head to Oberammergau in Germany. On our guided tour of King Ludwig’s Linderhof Castle you will be amazed by its marvelous interior and beautiful parks.
This morning we visit the neat little town of Oberammergau. A local guide shows us the theatre where the Passion Play is held every 10 years. Then we continue to Würzburg.
After our guided tour of Würzburg and its Residenz Palace there is enough time to pack the suitcases. We have a Pizza dinner in the little campground restaurant.
Days 30 & 31
A short drive brings us to Friedberg where we return the rentals. We might relax in our comfortable hotel or do some shopping before we meet for our farewell dinner. On the last day of your overseas RV adventure you enjoy a breakfast buffet before you get a transfer to the airport.
- New or almost new 20 ft. class B+/C diesel motorhomes with stick shifts
- Fully equipped with bedding, camping chairs, dishes etc.
- Vehicle insurance with €1,200 deductible (Tour 2 - Scandinavia: €1,500)
- Unlimited mileage
- Full propane tank
- Airport to hotel on arrival day
- Hotel to rental company
- Transfers to all activities included in our itineraries
- Rental company to hotel
- Hotel to airport on departure day
- Welcome dinner
- 2 breakfast buffets (Tour 4 - Greece: 3 breakfast buffets)
- Various other meals in fine restaurants as described in the itinerary
- Choice of one beverage (soft drink, beer or wine) with included meals
- Farewell dinner
- Fees for the best available campgrounds
- Including electrical hook-up
- Tour 2 - Scandinavia: Comfortable ferries, toll for the long suspension bridges
- Tour 3 - UK & Ireland: Comfortable ferries to and from France to England and to and from Ireland
- Tour 4 - Greece: Cruise the Adriatic Sea to and from Greece on comfortable ferris (overnight including inside cabin) and to and from Mykonos Island
- 2 nights first class hotel (Tour 4 - Greece: 3 nights)
- We are there for you at all times en route, during sightseeing and on the campgrounds
- Every afternoon we meet for a briefing at which we provide you with detailed information on the next day
- All street tolls that we can pay in advance via vignette, online RV registration or transponders are included
- Cash tolls are not included (approx. €50-150 on some tours, mostly in Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Balkans)
- Selected sightseeing tours as listed in the itineraries
- Our sightseeing tours always include an experienced local guide
- Entrance fees to the sights
- Personal receiver and head-set to use on guided tour
- For big cities like Paris, Barcelona, Athens, Stockholm or London we have our own charter bus which picks us up at the campground
- Detailed trip-logs with itinerary and driving directions, personally prepared (except Tour 7 & 8 which are fully GPS guided)
- Road maps
- Pre-programmed GPS for use during the tour