We meet you at the airport in Frankfurt (Germany) and accompany you to your comfortable hotel. Before a welcome dinner you meet your fellow caravanners and we familiarize you with the planned tour and events.
After a breakfast buffet you get your fully equipped motorhome. Following motorhome orientation we stock up on supplies in a supermarket. Your overseas RV adventure starts with a drive along the lovely Rhine valley to Koblenz.
Today a local guide shows us the magnificent castle, Burg Eltz. Then we continue along the scenic vineyard area of the Mosel River, visit a family owned winery and have dinner in a restaurant.
Days 4 & 5
Traveling over the Hunsrück mountains we come to historic Heidelberg. You will fall in love with this old university town, where we have a walking tour and dinner in an old student restaurant.
Our scenic route leads us through the Black Forest. You see many quaint villages and a wonderful countryside. We visit the Black Forest Open Air Museum before we arrive in Freiburg.
This morning we go to downtown Freiburg for a guided tour of the famous Muenster cathedral which is surrounded by a lively farmers market. You may sample the local food specialties before we leave to head toward Switzerland.
In the morning a local guide shows us beautiful Lucerne on a walking tour through the old town. Then you are free to explore Lucerne on your own, take a boat cruise on Lake Lucerne or make an excursion up one of the mountain peaks. In the evening we meet you for a typical fondue dinner and have fun at a folklore show.
Today is an exciting travel day when we cross the Alps and arrive in the afternoon at the Italian Riviera.
Like the locals we take a public bus to the picturesque little fishing village of Portofino, well known for attracting the rich and famous. Then we drive along the beautiful Mediterranean coast to Pisa.
On a guided tour of the amazing cathedral and the famous bell tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, you find out that there is much more to see than just the tower.
We visit Florence, the capital of Tuscany. A local guide shows us the unique sites of this marvelous city and we will also see Michelangelo‘s statue of David in the Accademia museum.
Today we drive along a scenic road through the olive groves of Tuscany and the vineyards of Chianti. After several stops we arrive in the afternoon at our campground on Lake Bolsena. In the evening we have a delicious dinner in the nearby four star restaurant.
Days 14 & 15
After a visit to the old town of Bolsena, a short drive brings us to our RV park on the Tiber River on the outskirts of Rome. The next morning we take our charter bus for a full day guided sightseeing tour of Rome. We see Vatican City, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum and much more. A three course lunch is hosted in a typical restaurant.
A day to explore Rome on your own! Visit the Spanish Steps, the Roman Forum or just rest in one of the countless sidewalk cafes and watch the passing show.
Today we travel through the hillside country of Umbria before we arrive at our campground right on the lagoon of Venice. We host dinner at the rustic campground restaurant.
Days 18 & 19
This morning we have a romantic Gondola tour of the canals. Later we relax while sipping a drink on the famous St. Mark‘s Square. Then we meet our local guide for a walking sightseeing tour. The next day is free to explore more of Venice or to take an excursion boat to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello.
On our way to Innsbruck in Austria we have many wonderful views when we cross the Alps on an easy-to-drive Autobahn. In the evening we host dinner in a typical Austrian restaurant.
Enjoy a guided tour of lovely Innsbruck with the historic old town, the Golden Roof, St. James Cathedral and much more. The afternoon is free to relax in one of the side walk cafes or to ride a funicular up the mountains or to the ski jump
A scenic drive through lovely countryside brings us back to Germany where we have a sightseeing tour of the fairytale castle of King Ludwig, Neuschwanstein.
Days 23 & 24
After an easy drive we arrive in Munich, where we have a sightseeing tour in the afternoon. After a typical Bavarian dinner we visit the famous Hofbrauhaus brewery and beer hall for a fun-filled evening. The next day is free to explore the many sights, museums and galleries on your own.
Along the Romantic Road we visit some of the medieval towns like Dinkelsbühl and Rothenburg.
Today we arrive in the well-known Rhine wine town of Ruedesheim. A nice walk along the lovely Rhine River brings us to our restaurant in the fun loving atmosphere of the Drosselgasse alley. You may dance to live music and sample the wines.
Today we board a cruise boat to enjoy the view of the romantic old castles which line the Rhine and visit the and visit to the view point at the Rheinfels Castle ruin.
Days 28 & 29
We return the rentals, and then transfer to our comfortable hotel in downtown Frankfurt. You may explore the lively city center before we have our tasty farewell dinner. After a breakfast buffet next morning you get a transfer to the airport.
The tour price includes:
- New or almost new 20 ft. class B+/C diesel motorhomes with stick shifts
- Fully equipped with bedding, camping chairs, dishes etc.
- Vehicle insurance (€1,300 deductible)
- Unlimited mileage
- Full propane tank
- Airport to hotel on arrival day
- Hotel to rental company
- Transfers to all activities included in our itineraries
- Rental company to hotel
- Hotel to airport on departure day
- Welcome dinner
- 2 breakfast buffets (Greece tour 3 breakfast buffets)
- Various other meals in fine restaurants as described in the itinerary
- Choice of one beverage (soft drink, beer or wine) with meals
- Farewell dinner
- 2 nights first class hotel (Greece Tour 3 nights)
- Fees for the best available campgrounds
- Including electrical hook-up
Sightseeing Tours and Local Guides
- Our sightseeing tours always include an experienced local guide
- Entrance fees to all the sights
- For big cities like Rome, Athens, Stockholm or London we have our own charter bus which picks us up at the campground
Experienced Wagonmaster & Tailgunner
- We are there for you at all times en route, during sightseeing and on the campgrounds
- All street tolls that we can pay in advance via vignette or transponders are included
- Cash tolls are not included (approx. €50-150 on some tours, mostly in Italy, Greece, France and Spain)
Ferries and Toll Bridges
- Greece tour: Cruise the Adriatic Sea on one of the new and excellent ferries to and from Greece and to and from Mykonos Island
- Scandinavia tour: comfortable ferries, toll for the long new suspension bridges
- UK tour: comfortable ferries to and from France to England and to and from Ireland
- Detailed trip-logs with itinerary and driving directions, personally prepared
- Road maps
- Pre-programmed GPS for use during the tour
- Every afternoon we meet for a briefing at which we provide you with detailed information on the next day